Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Libester Award


The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, to promote the blogging sites we love and support.




B: We were nominated for this award by Daijah V.   She is an amazing friend who supported and encouraged us through a long dry patch.  She is also the writer of such fine and suspenseful stories as AfterMidnight and Cold Blooded.  It means so much to both of us that you would honor us with such recognition.  Thank you!

Gayl: I was also included in the nomination and although I have been out of contact with Dai for a while, I still consider her a friend. She is the only one whose self-sim got a photoshoot by me with Duff and Rob. Thank you Daijah V


Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

Our Nominations

Gayl -
I would have chosen the same as B. I considered some blogs that no longer update but that didn't seem fair. 
B- 
It was difficult to make choices.  Some of the best have already been nominated, and many are no longer updating.   I'm going to have to settle for 4 instead of 5.

Dinuriel for The Kingdom of Naroni
Muzegoddess for Life Love and Lies
Holleyberry for her Pleasantview stories despite tumblr


01. When did you start writing?


B - About 2008 if you count only this kind of writing.  
G - I've been writing for as long as I can remember but I believe I started sim stories when sims 1 came out. I've been writing romance since 2010 and have been published (although my publisher closed its doors so only one of my eBooks is currently available with Decadent Publishing)

02. Are any of your characters or situations based on real people or events?

B - No, but that's just me.
G - Yes but you'll forgive me if I don't elaborate. Dark December, the story where I introduced Cooper, has many elements of real life.

03. What inspires you to write?

B - I know our world so well that the characters themselves inspire me to write.
G - I get my inspiration from many things (music, people watching, real life) but for Studio Time I have to say Cooper. He has been my muse from the beginning.

04. Which of your characters is your favorite?

B - Cooper.  He's so far out ahead of the others that he laps the field, though.  My second favorite would be someone who is off the stage now: Gabe.
G - I don't have a favorite (or won't name one for fear of upsetting the others) but I loved Cadence as a child.

05. Who is your favorite author?

B - That's hard.  Gayl Taylor and Edward Abbey are probably my favorites.
G - Aww, thank you B! I don't really have a favorite. I read a lot and have varied taste.

06. What kind of books do you read?

B - A lot of nonfiction because it's calming.  Some romance depending on the author, some science fiction depending on the author. 
G - I read A LOT of romance. I love fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal, historical.

07. If you could use the Sims Time Machine, where would you go and why?

B - Nowhere up or down, but I'd go sideways given the technology.  Give me the alternate universe of my choice.  I don't like the past and don't trust the future.
G - Wow, good question. I think I'd like to visit Regency England but I wouldn't want to stay. I like my technology too much.

08. You're stranded on a deserted island with 4 characters from your story(ies). Who are they and what do you think would happen? 

B - Cooper Stanfield, Camilla Lombardo, Rafe Taylor, Bonni Savage.  They'd kill each other off.  I'd survive by hiding.  

09. If you could be any character from a book or movie, who would you be and why?

B - Ripley from Alien.  Why should be obvious.  
G - 

10. If you could marry the man/woman of your dreams, who would you choose and why?

B - The why would be because he's the man of my dreams.  I claim the right to silence on the who.  
G - Rafe Taylor. Or Adam Levine. Or Mike Matheny. Or Beto Malfacini. Oh maybe I can use the Time Machine and marry them all one at a time!

11. Sims have a lot of quirky and fun inventions and objects not found in real life. If you could choose one thing (for example, spellbook, time machine, Bonehilda) what would it be and why? (Feel free to choose from any of the amazing custom creations as well e.g. Pose Player, Pregnancy controller, lighting tweaks, etc.)

B - Teleportation.   No lugging laundry upstairs.   No hauling groceries from the car into the house.  No forcing the dog to sit in the car while you drive to the vet.  No buying plane tickets to go to Salzburg.  Go half around the world and smack somebody and instantly disappear, or kiss them.
G - I'm with B on the teleportation thing. I hate traffic. I hate how long it takes to get where I need to go.



Questions

1.  Do you have characters you really dislike?  Did you start out disliking them?

2.  Do you plot your stories or just let them happen?

3.  How do you deal with writer's block if you experience it?

4.  If you've ever tried writing with someone, how did it work out?

5.  Do you use fantasy objects like the weather controller in your sims stories and if so, how?

6.  Has a character changed on you?  If so, how do you handle it?

7.  Do you tend to get lost in building the world and let the story lapse?  If so, how do you deal with it, or is that a feature and not a bug?

8.  How do you deal with posing?

9.  Do you process your shots in Photoshop or a similar graphics program?

10.  How long does it take to write and post a chapter?

11.  If you had to spend an afternoon doing the most boring thing you can imagine, which of your characters would you force to spend it with you?

7 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed your answers, both of you. Man, I'd love to be able to teleport too.

    And thanks for the nod! I'll hopefully get to your questions some time tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very very welcome! And I look forward to your answers..

      Delete
    2. Thanks Van! Nominating your story was easy peasy. It's been one of my favorites for a long time.

      *realized I forgot to answer a couple of questions*

      Delete
    3. Ta-da.

      http://dinurielhq.blogspot.ca/2015/05/liebster-award-thanks-beth-and-gayl.html

      Now to alert my nominees!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't believe anyone even remembers I have a sims story let alone being nominated for something. Thank you!! I love the answer you guys gave to the questions. I guess there's no harm in me cleaning out the cobwebs on my blog and answering these that you've posted. I might learn a few things about my own character/story. Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I certainly didn't forget :) You are very welcome and I hope you do brush off the cobwebs! And I look forward to seeing you go through the questions!

      Delete
    2. I've finally posted my nomination acceptance. Thank you both again.
      http://www.story.lifelovelies.com/2015/06/the-liebster-award-aka-post-that-proves.html

      Delete